Malaysia My Second Home (MM2H) Applications Still Accepted
"East Malaysia continues to accept MM2H applications in which successful applicants will be allowed to reside in both East and West Malaysia. West Malaysia includes the states of Kuala Lumpur, Johor and the popular Pearl of the Orient – Penang"
Regarding the temporary suspension of West Malaysia’s Malaysia My Second Home (MM2H) program till next year, founder of the Hong Kong-based MM2H Club, Vincent Fong, advised that this was a result of the Malaysia governments’ Movement Control Order in response to the outbreak of COVID-19 in March 2020. He confirms that the majority of applications that were previously submitted have been successful. Next week, the MM2H Club will return to normal operations and will accept new applications.
Fong advised that since the introduction of the MM2H program in 2002, the program has received significant demand. In turn, the Malaysia government has announced their decision to temporarily suspend West Malaysia’s MM2H program in order to make the transition for all immigration matters to be handled by the Immigration Department instead of by the Tourism, Arts and Culture Ministry. East Malaysia continues to accept MM2H applications in which successful applicants will be allowed to reside in both East and West Malaysia. West Malaysia includes the states of Kuala Lumpur, Johor and the popular Pearl of the Orient – Penang.
Dr. Theresa Fok, the Managing Director of Jade Land Properties (HK) Limited has expressed that the temporary suspension of the West Malaysia MM2H program has not affected property sales. Fok expressed that most purchasers are looking to invest or to reside in the country for a period of time before deciding to begin their MM2H application. She believes that when West Malaysia MM2H application are welcomed again, there may be changes in the financial entry criteria.
About the Malaysia My Second Home (MM2H) Residence Program
The Malaysia My Second Home (MM2H) programme is a 10-year renewable multiple-entry social visit visa offered to non-Malaysians. Here are 9 reasons to apply:
1. Convenience: Upon approval, MM2H holders benefit from the added convenience of being able to enter and reside in Malaysia for a period of 10 years. MM2H holders have special priority when going through customs at the airport.
2. Low entry requirements: see the chart below. Applicants under the age of 50 are required to provide proof of:
3. One application covers the whole family: One application covers the whole family! An MM2H holder can bring along his/her: spouse, parents over 60, and children under 21.
4. Bring along your domestic helper: MM2H holders are entitled to bring along a domestic helper.
5. Obtain favourable mortgage loan amounts: MM2H holders can obtain relatively favourable mortgage loan amounts. As an MM2H holder, you can obtain mortgage loans up to 70% (subject to approval).
6. Tax exception on foreign sourced funds: Income remittances are tax free.
7. Children are allowed to apply to schools: Children under 21 are eligible to study in Malaysia, including top-tier international school, and free primary education in public Chinese school.
8. Run your own business or work part-time: MM2H holders are entitled to run and own businesses; applicants over 50 can apply for a part-time job in Malaysia.
9. No obligation for applicants to stay in Malaysia for any period of time