A Guide to Malaysia Mortgage Loan Financing Options
For our appointed agency developments, Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia (SCBM) is our go-to bank to refer our clients to. We are pleased to share that the majority of our clients who require a mortgage have successfully obtained loans from SCBM.
Your source of income, age and whether you have existing loans in Malaysia will affect whether a bank grants you a loan.
Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia offers mortgage loans to foreigners
Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia offers flexi mortgage loans with a loan tenure up to 35 years (maximum age of 70 years) to non-Malaysians for their purchase of both off-plan and completed properties in Malaysia.
- For normal customers: the typical mortgage loan amount obtainable is between 50-60% at a floating interest rate of 3.55%
- For Standard Chartered Priority customers: the typical mortgage loan amount obtainable is 70% at a floating interest rate of 3.3%
Should a foreigner be married to a Malaysian citizen in which the Malaysian spouse is the main income earner, Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia can offer up to 90% mortgage loan.
*subject to bank approval – updated information as of 15 September 2020
What supporting documents do you need to apply for the mortgage loan?
- Sale & Purchase Agreement OR booking form
- Passport photocopy
- Your latest 3 months’ salary slip
- Your latest 3 months; bank statement showing salary credited
- Your latest Inland Revenue tax payment receipt
- Address proof
If you plan on obtaining a mortgage for your property purchase, we highly recommend that you obtain a pre-approved home loan application in order to have an idea of the mortgage loan amount and the terms of your loan.